Have you ever asked yourself that loaded question? What is spiritual health? What is spirituality? What does it mean to you? How do you become a spiritual healthy being? Everyone will have a different answer to these questions based on their background and beliefs…and that is okay! Find what fulfills you spiritually and do that every single day. It doesn’t have to take up much of your time. A simple reflection at the beginning or closing of your day will do. Imagine if the first thing we did when we woke up and the last thing we did before we went to sleep wasn’t checking our phones, but actually thinking about something that matters. We could find happiness in a balance if we reflected on the reason we believe we are here on this earth. Start small a simple two minutes each day.
Here are some ideas to help you get started.
*Start a journal. Jot down a few thoughts before bed.
*Gratitude section in your journal. Write three things you are grateful for everyday.
*Say a prayer. (if you are into that)
*Short meditation to reflect.
All these are quick and easy ideas to incorporate into your everyday busy life!
Hello!!! I hope everyone has been having a great new year. I can’t belive we are more than half way through January. Hopefully by now you are in the swing of the new year. If not, it is never too late to get going. Somethings I have been doing this month that has made the most difference are keeping organized, waking up at six every morning to get a jump-start on my day by working out. I’m not perfect some days are more difficult than others. I also have a lot more things that I hope to improve on this year. Starting small is key but I encourage all of you to get started on a great year!
Go for a walk/run (Outside in nature if possible!)
Ride a bike
Clean and Organize any room in your house or your car
Take a long bath or shower
Write a list of all the things in your life that you are grateful for.
Talk to someone. Try talking to someone who will just listen to your issues and not necessarily try to fix them.
Go on a date. You can even take yourself on a date if your significant other is busy.
Write in your journal. Nothing feels better than seeing your thoughts on paper and getting it all out.
Read a book
Draw or take pictures.
Color. I love my adult coloring book to clear my mind.
Turn off your phone, computer, and television. Relax screen-free.
Start your own DIY project that you have had saved on Pinterest forever.
For 2018, I really want to organize my home and my life. Decluttering space is an awesome therapy for me and a great way to start the year off fresh. I always do a good spring, summer, fall, and winter cleaning to make me feel like I have my life together.
- Closet- Donate anything you didn’t wear this year! Organize clothes by season and color to make it really easy to get outfits together as you are rushing out the door in the morning or have to hurry to get ready for a fun night out.
- Bedroom- Clean out your night stand. Wash the sheets and start a habit of making your bed everyday!
- Bathroom- Throw out old lotions and body sprays that aren’t being used. Medications and samples you have collected over the years need to go too!
- Kitchen- Clean out that fridge! Throw away all containers you have that are missing lids.
- Pantry- Throw out all the food that might be expired. Also, organize cans and boxes. I like to have all my protein bars and health snacks in one spot so it’s easy to navigate when you are trying to find an on the go snack.
- Living room- A good clean up will do. Nothing crazy here.
- Car- Treat yourself to a good wipe-down, vacuum, and car wash. This will make you feel like a million bucks (or at least like your driving a car worth a million bucks)!
- Home office- Put all important documents in one place and have a quite space to do work, study, and read.
- Workout area- It’s no secret that I don’t like the gym and I have to try to squeeze in exercise when I can. I love having a place that I can do quick and easy home workouts in when I don’t have time/don’t want to hit the gym. I have my yoga mat, free weights, and other misc. items on standby for a quick sweat sesh.
- Storage areas- Do quick organization of that coat closet that you aren’t really sure what is even in there anymore.
- Phone- All those screenshots you have from your bestie… you don’t need them. All the apps taking up your storage are okay to delete also. Text messages are also good to delete to free up some space.
- Computer- Delete old emails and organize ones you need to keep. Go through your documents too, you would be surprised all the storage those will free up.
- Social Media- Don’t be afraid to unfollow people who are taking up your feed or make you feel negatively about yourself.
I hope this has inspired you to clean it up and revamp your life for the new year!