For 2018, I really want to organize my home and my life. Decluttering space is an awesome therapy for me and a great way to start the year off fresh. I always do a good spring, summer, fall, and winter cleaning to make me feel like I have my life together.
- Closet- Donate anything you didn’t wear this year! Organize clothes by season and color to make it really easy to get outfits together as you are rushing out the door in the morning or have to hurry to get ready for a fun night out.
- Bedroom- Clean out your night stand. Wash the sheets and start a habit of making your bed everyday!
- Bathroom- Throw out old lotions and body sprays that aren’t being used. Medications and samples you have collected over the years need to go too!
- Kitchen- Clean out that fridge! Throw away all containers you have that are missing lids.
- Pantry- Throw out all the food that might be expired. Also, organize cans and boxes. I like to have all my protein bars and health snacks in one spot so it’s easy to navigate when you are trying to find an on the go snack.
- Living room- A good clean up will do. Nothing crazy here.
- Car- Treat yourself to a good wipe-down, vacuum, and car wash. This will make you feel like a million bucks (or at least like your driving a car worth a million bucks)!
- Home office- Put all important documents in one place and have a quite space to do work, study, and read.
- Workout area- It’s no secret that I don’t like the gym and I have to try to squeeze in exercise when I can. I love having a place that I can do quick and easy home workouts in when I don’t have time/don’t want to hit the gym. I have my yoga mat, free weights, and other misc. items on standby for a quick sweat sesh.
- Storage areas- Do quick organization of that coat closet that you aren’t really sure what is even in there anymore.
- Phone- All those screenshots you have from your bestie… you don’t need them. All the apps taking up your storage are okay to delete also. Text messages are also good to delete to free up some space.
- Computer- Delete old emails and organize ones you need to keep. Go through your documents too, you would be surprised all the storage those will free up.
- Social Media- Don’t be afraid to unfollow people who are taking up your feed or make you feel negatively about yourself.
I hope this has inspired you to clean it up and revamp your life for the new year!